Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Semester Test

My favorite musical of all time is Grease. I saw Grease for the first time when I was a little girl, and loved it ever since. For some reason, love stories are my favorite genre of movies. That is what the plot of Grease basically is. Two teens fall in love, get seperated, and then of course find each other in the future. Grease and High School Musical are very but the same, but also very different.
Grease was set during the 1950's. It is about a boy named Danny and a girl named Sandy. They met at the beach during summer vacation. When the time came that they each had to return home, they were devistated. Their summer love had ended. The next year, Sandy transferred to Rydell High School. Little did she know, Danny attended this school. When Danny first saw Sandy, he tried to play it off like he didn't care about her to impress his friends. Later though, the fell back in love and got their relationship back on track. Despite all of the high school drama, they managed to stay together. The musical ends as Danny and Sandy proudly graduate high school side by side.
The first time I saw High School Musical, I couldn't help but think that it was much like a musical I had seen before. Grease. The two musicals are very alike. They are both typical high school love stories. Just like in Grease, the two main characters in HSM, Troy and Gabriella fall in love at a Christmas party and are then forced to leave eachother. Gabriella ends up at Troy's school and they start to date. The big difference in the musicals is the time period. Since Grease takes place in an earlier time period, the fashion and hobbies of the characters in Grease are much different than those in HSM. In High School Musical, the fashion is very modern, and the hobbies of characters are much like hobbies of kids my age today.
I love absolutely everything about Grease. The songs play a big role in my love for the musical. They are so catchy. Also, I love the personalities of the characters. Often, things that they do and say remind me of the way my friends and I are sometimes. The only thing that I wish was different about the story was the way it ended. I really wish it would have showed if anything ever happened with Danny and Sandy in the future.
Grease will alwasys be one of my all time favorite movies. It has a great plot, and is much like other movies I have seen. And is by far one of the best high school love stories. I would strongly advise anyone who hasn't seen Grease to watch it.

No comments: